BCIN Qualified Architectural Designer – SW Ontario
Location: South Western Ontario (London, Chatham, Windsor) Position: Full-Time/Part-Time Start Date: Immediately Reporting to: Structural Forensics Practice Lead
Why Work for Origin and Cause?
Because you’ll be working with the best of the best. Our company’s size and solid reputation attracts industry leaders, creating a charged atmosphere where no matter how much you already know, you’ll learn something new every day. Ours is a problem-solving culture that encourages innovation. We pride ourselves on our friendly, people-first atmosphere, and encourage our employees to think independently, be hands-on, and do their work with skill, compassion and complete integrity.
Origin and Cause Inc. is seeking a BCIN Qualified Architectural Designer for South Western Ontario who is self-motivated and efficient. Working independently or with limited supervision, you will assess and develop repair/rebuild plans for existing small buildings damaged by such causes as fire, vehicle impact, and snow overload.
- Take field observations, measurements, and other data necessary to develop a scope of repair and a set of repair/rebuild drawings to restore damaged wood-framed buildings
- Develop plans in accordance with Part 9 of the Ontario Building Code and be accountable for schedule and efficiency
- Prepare building permit applications and other documentation as required by the building departments to secure building permits for the repair work
- Liaise with contractors, design professionals, and the staff of the authorities having jurisdiction for the purpose of coordinating the design, cost estimate, and permits
- Travel throughout Ontario on a short notice when needed
- Perform additional duties as required
Experience and Qualifications
- Must have a relevant Engineering Technology Degree from a Canadian college
- Curriculum included courses in structural analysis/design and/or wood-framed construction
- At least two (2) years experience in drafting using AutoCAD and REVIT (certification in structural detailing is an asset)
- Experience with other computer applications such as MS Office
- Ability to prioritize and work within deadlines while maintaining quality
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle
The ideal candidate will have a good overall understanding of structural systems, solid technical abilities, strong communication skills, and be a skilled problem solver.
- Ability to conceptualize architectural details in three dimensions
- Committed to the highest standard of client satisfaction
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Fast learner with attention to detail and a desire to grow professionally and personally
- Hard worker, inquisitive, and ready to assume responsibility quickly
- Demonstrated and effective communication skills
Does this describe you and your attributes? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Email your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com with the subject title “RE: Architectural Designer”. We appreciate your interest and efforts in submitting your application. A Recruiting Consultant will be reviewing all submitted applications and contacting all qualified candidates to schedule an interview. Thank you for your interest in joining the Origin and Cause team!