Location: Ancaster and Mississauga
Position: Full-time – New position
Start Date: Immediately
Reporting to: Branch Manager
- Conduct on-site investigations of structure fires or electrical equipment failures.
- Provide written reports with a professional opinion regarding the origin and cause of the fire or electrical failure
- Perform laboratory examinations of electrical/electronic equipment to assess if equipment may have been a cause of a loss and determine the failure mechanism if applicable
- Timely oral and written correspondence with clients in all phases of investigation, mediations or trials
- Complete various design and reporting functions through Microsoft Office
- Provide expert testimony in court when required
- Travel throughout Ontario and possibly other locations on short notice
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and execute all phases according to internal and client standards
- Stay on the leading edge of scientific knowledge in the industry by seeking out continuous training and education
- Collaborate with experts in other disciplines as needed for complex investigations requiring different specialties
- Coordinate/execute parallel investigations with other experts representing various parties
- Perform additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of Electrical Engineering experience in the forensic industry
- Registered Ontario P.Eng license
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Does this describe you and your attributes? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Email your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “RE: Electrical Engineer Post”.
We appreciate your interest and efforts in submitting your application. A Recruiting Consultant will be reviewing all submitted applications and contacting all qualified candidates to schedule an interview.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Origin and Cause team!