Fire Investigator or Forensic Engineer
Location: British Columbia Position: Full-time – New position Start Date: Immediately Reporting to: Regional Manager Key Responsibilities
- Conduct on-site investigations of structure fires and explosions/vehicle fires or equipment failures.
- Provide written reports with a professional opinion regarding the origin and cause of the fire/explosion or equipment and component failure
- Perform laboratory examinations of electrical/electronic equipment to assess if equipment may have been a cause of a loss and determine the failure mechanism if applicable
- Timely oral and written correspondence with clients in all phases of investigation, mediations or trials
- Complete various design and reporting functions through the use of Microsoft Office
- Provide expert testimony in court when required
- Travel throughout the region on short notice
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and execute all phases according to internal and client standards
- Staying on the leading edge of scientific knowledge in the industry by seeking out continuous training and education
- Collaborate with experts in other disciplines as needed for complex investigations requiring different specialties
- Coordinate/execute parallel investigations with other experts representing various parties
- Perform additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering OR CFEI
- Minimum of 5 years of field experience in the forensic industry
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Passionate for engineering and has an inquisitive mind with advanced problem-solving skills
- Hard-working and takes pride in technical excellence and integrity
- Motivated to develop professionally and lead a growing line of business within the organization
- A people-person committed to the highest standard of client satisfaction
- Team player with the ability to work independently
Does this describe you and your attributes? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Email your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com with the subject title “RE: Fire Investigator or Forensic Engineer Post”.
Thank you for your interest in joining Origin and Cause! A Recruiting Consultant will be reviewing all submitted applications and contacting all qualified candidates to schedule an interview.