Forensic Structural Engineer – Halifax/Atlantic Canada
Location: Halifax/Atlantic Canada Area Position: Full-Time/Part-Time Start Date: Immediately Reporting to: Structural Forensics Practice Lead
Why Work for Origin and Cause?
Because you’ll be working with the best of the best. Our company’s size and solid reputation attracts industry leaders, creating a charged atmosphere where no matter how much you already know, you’ll learn something new every day. Ours is a problem-solving culture that encourages innovation. We pride ourselves on our friendly, people-first atmosphere, and encourage our employees to think independently, be hands-on, and do their work with skill, compassion and complete integrity.
- Conduct structural assessment of damaged and collapsed buildings due to such causes as fire, tree snd vehicle impacts, or snow overload
- Prepare well-written reports with professional opinion on the probable cause of the damage
- Provide structural recommendations and designs to make the impacted buildings safe for entry and to restore the buildings to their original conditions
- Complete structural analysis and design using commercially available software such as SAP2000 and WoodWorks
- Develop repair drawings and details and obtain building permits as required
- Travel throughout Atlantic Canada and possibly other locations on a short notice when needed
- Perform additional duties as required
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- At least 3 years of Structural Engineering experience. Previous design/forensic engineering firm employment is an asset
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) licensed to practice in Nova Scotia
- Familiar with the requirements of Part 9 of the Ontario Building Code
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Passionate for engineering design and has an inquisitive mind with advanced problem-solving skills
- Hard working and takes pride in technical excellence and integrity
- Motivated to develop professionally and to grow the structural forensics practice
- A people-person committed to the highest standard of client satisfaction
- Team player with the ability to work independently
Does this describe you and your attributes? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Email your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com with the subject title “RE: Forensic Structural Engineer”. We appreciate your interest and efforts in submitting your application. A Recruiting Consultant will be reviewing all submitted applications and contacting all qualified candidates to schedule an interview. Thank you for your interest in joining the Origin and Cause team!