Fire Investigator – Vancouver
Start Date: Immediately
Reporting to: Branch Manager
Why Work for Origin and Cause?
Because you’ll be working with the best of the best. Our company’s size and solid reputation attracts industry leaders, creating a charged atmosphere where no matter how much you already know, you’ll learn something new every day. Ours is a problem-solving culture that encourages innovation. We pride ourselves on our friendly, people-first atmosphere, and encourage our employees to think independently, be hands-on, and do their work with skill, compassion and complete integrity.
- Conduct on-site investigations of structure fires and explosions
- Provide written reports with professional opinion regarding the origin and cause of the fire/explosion
- Timely oral and written correspondence with clients in all phases of investigation, mediations or trials
- Complete various design and reporting functions through the use of Microsoft Office
- Provide expert testimony in court when required
- Travel throughout British Columbia and possibly other locations in western Canada on short notice
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and execute all phases according to internal and client standards
- Stay on the leading edge of scientific knowledge in the industry by seeking out continuous training and education
- Collaborate with experts in other disciplines as needed for complex investigations requiring different specialties
- Coordinate/execute parallel investigations with other experts representing various parties
- Perform additional duties as required
Experience and Required Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI)
- Marine fire experience an asset
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Passionate for engineering and has an inquisitive mind with advanced problem-solving skills
- Hard working and takes pride in technical excellence and integrity
- Motivated to develop professionally and lead a growing line of business within the organization
- A people-person committed to the highest standard of client satisfaction
- Team player with the ability to work independently
Does this describe you and your attributes? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Email your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com with the subject title “RE: Fire Investigator Vancouver”.
We appreciate your interest and efforts in submitting your application.
A Recruiting Consultant will be reviewing all submitted applications and contacting all qualified candidates to schedule an interview.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Origin and Cause team!