Mechanical Engineer, P.Eng., CFEI – Alberta
Location: Alberta Position: Full-Time Start Date: Immediately Reporting to: Branch Manager Why Work for Origin and Cause? Because you’ll be working with the best of the best. Our company’s size and solid reputation attracts industry leaders, creating a charged atmosphere where no matter how much you already know, you’ll learn something new every day. Ours is a problem-solving culture that encourages innovation. We pride ourselves on our friendly, people-first atmosphere, and encourage our employees to think independently, be hands-on, and do their work with skill, compassion and complete integrity. Key Responsibilities
- Conduct on-site investigations of vehicle and machinery fires or failures. Vehicles could range from personal/commercial/industrial cars and trucks to farm equipment and large off-road type machinery, i.e. logging or mining equipment
- Provide written reports with professional opinion regarding the origin and cause of the failure
- Perform laboratory examinations to assess if equipment may have been a cause of a loss and determine the failure mechanism if applicable
- Timely oral and written correspondence with clients in all phases of investigation, mediations or trials
- Complete various design and reporting functions through the use of Microsoft Office
- Provide expert testimony in court when required
- Travel throughout Alberta and possibly other locations on short notice
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and execute all phases according to internal and client standards
- Stay on the leading edge of scientific knowledge in the industry by seeking out continuous training and education
- Collaborate with experts in other disciplines as needed for complex investigations requiring different specialties
- Coordinate/execute parallel investigations with other experts representing various parties
- Perform additional duties as required
- Minimum of 5 years of Mechanical Engineering experience in the forensic industry
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng)
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI)
- HVAC experience an asset
- Marine fire experience an asset
- Structural Fire experience an asset but not required
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Passionate for engineering and has an inquisitive mind with advanced problem-solving skills
- Hard working and takes pride in technical excellence and integrity
- Motivated to develop professionally and lead a growing line of business within the organization
- A people-person committed to the highest standard of client satisfaction
- Team player with the ability to work independently
Does this describe you and your attributes? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Email your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “RE: Mechanical Engineer Post”.
We appreciate your interest and efforts in submitting your application.
A Recruiting Consultant will be reviewing all submitted applications and contacting all qualified candidates to schedule an interview.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Origin and Cause team!