Fire & Explosion Investigation
Every fire or explosion is a completely unique situation with its own story, characteristics, and complexities. Putting all the facts together is like completing a jigsaw puzzle without knowing what the picture looks like. Our qualified experts in fire forensics have the vision and knowledge to put all the pieces together and come up with an accurate picture of the origin and cause of the incident.
Forensic Fire Investigation Services
All investigations are based on a systematic approach and a deep understanding of fire science. Every case involves the careful analysis and proper documentation of physical evidence from the scene, followed by thorough and timely written investigative reports.
Types of Investigations
- Residential, commercial and industrial fire and explosions
- Vehicle and heavy equipment fire and explosions:
- Private passenger vehicles, tractor-trailers, forestry equipment, commercial passenger vehicles, marine, agriculture, construction and industrial equipment
- Incident investigation and documentation
- Fire propagation analysis
- Fire investigation litigation
- Canine accelerant detection
- Natural gas, propane and methane appliance investigations
- Electrical appliance investigations
We use trained detection dogs, each trained with specific expertise. Fifty percent of a dog’s training relies on the nature of that individual dog. Temperament, environmental focus, and high-hunt drive are tested by our K9 investigator from 10 months to a year old to determine if the dog will be successful at detection.
Accelerant detection: The number of odours the dog can indicate on can be as many as 20 different accelerants, deriving from primary odours. The dog enters into a fire scene and can detect the presence of specific ignitable liquids used. The primary odours include gasoline, diesel fuel, paint thinner, kerosene, lamp oil, lighter fluid, and varsol.
Explosives detection: Five explosive materials the dog can indicate on include TNT, PETN, RDX, chlorates, and nitrates.