How to Maximize a Claim’s Subrogation Potential by Properly Preserving Evidence
November 6, 2014
Topics the one-hour webinar will include:
- Key guidelines to successfully secure and preserve a scene
- How to document and photograph a scene effectively before involving a forensic expert
- How do you know you need a forensic expert?
- Protect yourself from “Spoliation of Evidence”
- How to identify and invite interested parties
- A look into a forensic engineer’s investigative process
Watch the Webinar
About the Speakers
Mazen Habash is the President of Origin and Cause and specializes in fire investigation, electrical and electronic failures, product liability and alarm system analysis. With over 28 years of experience in the industry, he has performed over 3000 fire, product liability and alarm system investigations. Mazen is a licensed professional engineer and designated consulting engineer, and is qualified as an expert witness in civil and criminal courts in three provinces. He is also certified at two levels by the Canadian Alarm and Security Association as an alarm technician.
Dinu Matei specializes in metallurgical, materials and mechanical failure analysis. During the course of his career, he has been involved in more than 500 failure investigations of various metallic and non-metallic components, and in 23 projects leading to the development of new materials and processes.